Saturday, December 5, 2009

Genetics



Well, well, went to the Dr. yesterday for a physical and came out feeling a little overwhelmed. I have always thought I was a healthy person, other then my celiac. I am usually an avid runner, try to eat healthy for the most part and have never been overweight (thanks to celiac.) So, it was a shock when the Dr. walked in and said I needed to start cholesterol medicine as soon as possible. I guess I have what's called famililial hypercholesterolemia, here's a line for more details. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000392.htm

I guess that explains my dad's early death from a heart attack.....

So, I am going to start on the meds tonight for the rest of my life and get to have my blood checked every three months by an oh so nice nurse at the Dr. It's going to be great!

3 comments:

lmk1411 said...

No way! That's crazy! You better take those meds!

Melissa Bunn said...

Wow...I'm glad the doctor was able to diagnose you correctly. I hope the meds help!

ray-ray says said...

Oh, man....good to get that diagnosed now, you pill-popper, you.