I have been looking forward to Jake taking his first swimming lessons. He loves swimming and gets really excited when we tell him we are going to go swimming for family home evening. Well, we pull in the the Jackson School neighborhood pool and walk in. Everything is going fine, Jake gets in excited to start his swimming lessons but a little apprehensive. The teacher tells the class to do 10 chin dips. I see Jake dunk his whole head under, which he likes to do. Well, then I see him dunk his head again and again until there is so much water in his eyes that he bonks his head on the wall. The crying begins and he runs out of the swimming pool to never return. I realized that he didn't know what his chin was, so he thought he was supppose to go all the way under everytime.
We went again yesterday, except I really mean that WE went again yesterday. Mom and Jake in the swimming pool until that ended in crying.
Needless to say... I think we are done with swimming lessons until next summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment