We got a little anxious and left the night before.....stayed in the cutest motel in The Dalles called the Celilo Inn overlooking The Dalles Dam. If you ever have to stay anywhere between Hermiston and HOod River and don't want to stay in a 70's decor hotel with smoker's, this is the one. It used to be an old run down motel that has been remodeled and modified. The outdoor pool felt sooo good that night!
The view from our window.
Jake wanted this picture taken. Very cool! (above)
The pool...
Another view....later I found out Mike was taking all of these pictures with bare feet and managed to step on a prickly bush. Needless to say...he was in a bit of pain when he came back!
You know when you keep driving past a place and thinking "that would be cool to stop there sometime.." Well, this was one of those places. The Columbia Gorge Discovery Center in The Dalles (hence why we stopped in The Dalles.) I wasn't expecting a whole lot, and it was actually kind of cool except for the raptor show, where my kids learned a few cuss words from the presenter. "C'mon peoples, this is a kids museum right?
There were some cool trailes around the museum.
Who's that? Whoever that is, we had to help peel the coat off of one of them.
They had a makeshift town set up that was kind of cool
Where did they find this guy? Oh yeah, I guess we're in The Dalles...and no, the D word is not my kids vocabulary (at least last time I checked)
Here's a sneak peak of Part 2....Wallowa Lake. I will have to post more later!
No comments:
Post a Comment