Monday, May 14, 2012

Oh What do you do in the summertime......

Oh what do you do in the summer time when all the world is green......

Do you Hike in the woods.......
Or climb up a tower.....
Or take a cool slide.....

Or fix a main water leak.......


or lazily dream on the grass as the clouds go by?? Is that what you do? So do we!

Love that the sun has come out!! And with the sun comes good times outside. Jake, Sam and I took a little road trip out to the beach last weekend while Mike was camping. We stopped at the Tillamook Forestry Center which had lots of cool hiking trails and a museum. There was also a fire tower that you could climb up. I can tell that Jake has gotten some of Mike's height fears. It was like pulling teeth to get him to climb up the tower and go over the suspension bridge!

As for the main water leak...that was fun! I saw a puddle last Thursday and just thought the sprinklers were leaking somewhere...so I turned off the sprinklers and figured that would do the trick. Well, the next day there was still a puddle. It wasn't huge, just a puddle and soggy dirt over on the side of the house. No big deal. Mike came home at 5:30 Friday evening and I pointed out the "no big deal" puddle. He started digging, and digging, and scooping out water till four feet later he found the problem. I was inside making dinner when Mike came in after shutting off the water. Mike.. "This is not good!!!" Me, "Oh, what do you mean by that?!".  It turned out to be the main water pipe come from the city line on the street that was leaking big time. After 24 hours of no water and some help from some great friends we got it fixed and are back to normal again! Mike is a great work horse because that was a lot of digging! Never thought I would appreciate flushing the toilets so much!



No comments: