We made it to the beach one last time before school started up. For the first time ever, we were able to go in August as there were four days not rented. YIPPEE!! My Mom met us out there. The weather was amazing! Now I know why everyone goes in the summer and pays out the yin yang. It is definately worth having the nice weather. We were so lucky as we met another Mom that was staying two doors down from us with her two 5 year old boy's. They got along so well with my boy's, it was perfect. AND...hold your breath...one of the boy's was diagnosed wtih Celiac a year ago. We had so much fun hanging out with them, eating with them and enjoying the beatiful weather at the beach. It was perfect!!!!!
What a great sunset!
We made it one last time to the Hillsboro Farmer's market. Gotta love the farmer's market!
Jake started Kindergarten this year. Jake doesn't like showing his teeth when he smiles. It reminds me of my Dad. Jake loves going to school and seeing friends everyday. The downer....he is home at 10:30 every day. I feel like we are still in Summer mode but can't go anywhere. Can't wait for first grade next year!
The peaches came late this year, but the came! You can't beat homeade canned peaches. They are so much better then the store bought ones and well worth the effort. Had a good buddy to chat with this year while staying up till 1 AM canning.
This is what happens when I leave the camera on the counter......
And some more.....
Oh...he's so cute!!! What a man!
If I could think of one work to describe Jake, it is ACTIVE! He likes to run, play sports and run some more. I was so happy when soccer started. He loves it!!! In fact, I can't tell him what day soccer it is or else he will be wearing his uniform for half the day. Have I said the word Love a lot? I think I can finally name my post..... Jake has the best soccer coach this year. He is so positive with the boy's. The great thing is that his son that he coaches is his yougest son and he is going to keep coaching every year with his youngest son who is Jake's age!! Yeah!! We get to stay with him every year. Love THAT!!!
I love my boy's!! We were going to go fishing with my brother and his family when they were here last weekend. We went to get in the car even though it was raining...and then it started pouring big time. So change of plans...we ended up going to Out of this World. The kids had a great time especially since Daddy went down all of the tube slides with them!
And then this weekend it was gorgeous and sunny so we made it up to the boy's and took them fishing. Well actually.... I decided it was a boy's fishing day so I got some time to get things done at home while the boy's hung out with Dad. LOVED THAT TOO!!
1 comment:
It looks like you have been staying plenty busy! I have enjoyed reading your blog! We miss having you as neighbors!
Post a Comment