Saturday, August 14, 2010

The wait is over!

It is finally here! Sabbatical! Woo hoo! I remember when we first moved to Oregon and MIke started working for Intel. We thought we would just stay here for 7 years, take the sabbatical and then move back to Washington. It's amazing how things change. We love it here in Oregon and have such great friends and love being able to drive to the beach. It has definately grown on us! Hopefully we can stay here until the next sabbatical in six more years.

So......here's the agenda for the next 2 months. Well, first of all, we gotta get used to being around each other all of the time. You know what I mean, right? Go through a little retirement adjustment? I had to give Mike the lecture the other day.. the lecture went a little like this. So, you know that I usually shower at 9:30 after feeding the kids right? We like our laid back mornings right? And remember, we are trying not to yell at the kids as much right? And... remember not to stress the small things like little messes during the day , right? 

Okay, now that that is out of the way..

Week 1: Go to Ellesnsburg, visit Mike's brother Aaron and visit Lake Chelan. Drive over the pass to Seattle and kick back for a week. No rush!

Week 2: Go camping to our favorite camping spot Lost Lake. I can't wait to get back up there.

Week 3 & 4: Projects around the house (I mean the honey do list, right?)

Week 5: Stay at the beach. Thanks Mom!!

Week 5 1/2 through 8: Florida (There was so much to do, hey, why not extend it some more)

Week 9: cry......no just kidding, we will then look forward to our next one in 6 years, RIGHT??

1 comment:

Melissa Bunn said...

Yeah! I'm so excited for you guys. Enjoy! Looking forward to hearing all about it.