
Jake loves his medicine! It is grape flavored and he is always telling me that he has a fever and needs some medicine. Well, he really actaully had a fever last week, so I gave him some medicine. In fact, he had a fever for three days, which meants, much to his contents, he got medicine every four hours for several days. Since he kept waking up every 30 mintues or so at night, Mike slept with Jake in the guest room and kept the tylenol on the nightstand to give to him throughout the night. In the morning, Jake was still asleep so Mike came downstairs. Jake woke up later and we went on with our day. Well, during dinner, Jake proceeded to tell us that he ate all of his medicine. We thought he just meant the medicine we gave him during the night. He kept telling me that he poured the medicine into the cup lots of times. I finally went up and checked the tylenol bottle and noticed it was all gone. Oh great!
I called poison control and they told us that he had exceeded the toxic amount for his liver. We got to go the emergency room. Luckily, Jake was okay, and we got to come back home several hours later. The doctor said that if there would have been 3/4 of the bottle left instead of 1/4, he could have had a serious liver condition. Thankfully, the bottle was almost gone. .
All in all, we talked to Jake about not drinking anymore medicine. We told him, if he were to drink anymore medicine, we would have to go back to the hospital. Jake's reply, "I liked the hospital." I guess we will have to try a different appoach.
1 comment:
haha...I bet you guys didn't like the hospital as much as he did :)
Post a Comment